Social Media Management
Social Media takes a lot of time. More time, in fact, than a lot of business owners are willing to dedicate. This is where Soapbox comes in. We specialize in managing social media campaigns for comapnies so they don’t have to worry about creating content or monitoring online traffic. We do it all. From Facebook and Twitter, to search engine optimization and blogging. We work hand-in-hand with the company to ensure that their online presence is consistent with the company’s values and messaging. Want more information? Send us an e-mail or give us a call.
Social Media for Educators - We can be under no illusions, social media is central to the way younger generations communicate with each other. As a college professor who teaches new media to future journalists and PR professionals, I use social media to help me understand the lives my students are really living. It gives me phenomenal tools to connect with my students in order to help me create a learning environment that extends beyond the classroom. As the husband of an amazing elementary school teacher, I realized that many schools aren’t taking advantage of the tremendous opportunities there are to connect with their students AND the parents of their students. Social media can improve the flow of communication between teachers and students and just as important, teachers and parents. This ultimately increases a teacher’s overall awareness of a student’s life and give teachers vital information to modify and adjust teaching strategies to reach this digital generation.
- The how’s and why’s of effective on-line communities.
- How to use social media to become an evangelist for your school.
- Using status updates to understand student lives beyond the classroom.
- Expanding opportunities for parental involvement using Facebook groups.
- The fundamentals for protecting yourself and creating a social media policy specifically tailored for your school.
As someone who has a hard time sitting in one place for too long, my workshops are designed to be relevant and fast paced to ensure I keep my participants engaged throughout the day. My ultimate goal is that teachers not only fulfill their required technology hours, but take these tremendous communication tools and a new-found passion back into their classrooms.
Social Media for Educators “Lite”
Social media can improve the flow of communication between teachers and students and just as important, teachers and parents. This ultimately increases a teacher’s overall awareness of a student’s life and give teachers vital information to modify and adjust teaching strategies to reach this digital generation.
The “Lite” version of Social Media for Educators is a two hour workshop covering:
- How we got where we are
- The communication traits of younger generations
- Why you’re missing out if you’re not engaging students online
- The fundamentals of a good social media policy
For booking information call 479-970-5860 or e-mail email@example.com
* The current workshop offering is (option A) for me to come to your school for the training. However, since this workshop is a new offering, if there is enough independent interest from teachers I will be happy to (option B) set up and host local workshops for your convenience. Please leave a comment or e-mail me if you’re interested in either option.